One of my co-workers made this delicious dish for dinner last night and was nice enough to share her leftovers with me during lunch today.
I have 3 words to say about this….Oh.My.Gawd!
It was so creamy and incredible! It tasted like a healthier version of fettuccini alfredo. I had a small garden salad to go with it for some added fiber.
I found a similar recipe for this dish on MotherThyme’s blog that I cannot wait to make at home (thanks Organic Virgo!!). Except I think I will add some grilled shrimp or chicken, cilantro and maybe some brocolli.
Here is a quick and easy recipe below:
- 8 ounces rotini pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the core and spoon out the meat and place in a food processor or blender with half and half, cilantro, Parmesan cheese, lime juice and garlic clove. Blend on high until creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with warm pasta and serve warm or chilled.