It’s Taco Tuesday night at Casa Nice Girl!!
Tonight I had 2 very special visitors come over for dinner – Alicia and lil’ Holly Bear 🙂
Alicia and I have been best friends ever since high school. She just recently moved back into the West Palm area after living down in the Keys for 7 years. Although I’ve enjoyed visiting her, I’m so glad that she’s living closer to home so we can see each other more and have each other over for dinner during the week.
Tonight’s dinner was fish tacos with mango salsa and a side of arroz morros!! The fish and the mango salsa was easy to make and took less than an hour to prepare. And the meal came out exactly as I hoped it would – light, healthy and delicious.
Ingredients (serves 3)
2 haddock fillets, rinsed & patted dry
olive oil, salt and pepper
9 corn or flour tortillas, warmed
1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
Optional garnishes: white cheese, cilantro, lime, avocado and/0r sour cream
1/2 red onion (diced)
1 tomato (diced)
1 cup of frozen mango (cut up into chunks)
3 tbl of cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the mango salsa – combine the red onion, tomato, mango, cilantro, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and the juice of one lime. Cover and keep in the fridge.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush the fish on both sides with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook the fish for 10-15 minutes.
3. While the fish is cooking, set up your taco bar. Place cabbage in a small bowl and any other garnishes you desire.
4. When the fish is done cooking, remove to a plate and drizzle with the lime juice. Using a fork, flake the fish into large pieces.
5. Wrap the tortillas in a clean dishcloth or paper towel, put them on to a plate and warm them up in the microwave for 15 seconds.
6. To serve: Put some fish in the center of each tortilla. Top with lime juice, cabbage, then drizzle with mango salsa.