Have you ever had one of those days where you didn’t feel your best? You feel icky and your hair is looking either greasy or frizzy or both. You’re tired and you don’t like what you’re wearing but were in a rush and had nothing else to wear?? Or you feel blah. You’ve seen better heads on lettuce. Or as some people like to call it: Having A Case of the Uglies. Well friends, that’s what I had goin on today 😦
It’s not the end of the world and I don’t harbor these feelings often but when they do come up it’s no fun at all.
But you know what? I survived it. We all do. And we all have our own ways of dealing and things we tell ourselves in order to get out the door and continue with our day whether it’s work, jury duty, an outing with friends or just going to the grocery store. We all have ugly days and we all survive them!
Here’s how I got through my ugly day:
1) Ate healthy meals – Cottage cheese with fruit for breakfast and a spinach salad for lunch. Eating fruits and veggies is good for your skin, hair and teeth and makes you glow 🙂
2) I also ate Dove dark chocolate – chocolate is the cure for almost everything!!
3) Stayed busy and productive – that way you don’t think about it.
4) Called my mama – talking to your girlfriends or loved ones is the best therapy.
5) Worked out – and went to my favorite sexy booty beat dance class afterwards.
6) Hug and kiss – Gave my fiance a big hug and kiss when he got home which I always do but it made me feel very sexy and happy 🙂
7) Gave myself a nice hot bath – with salts and oils 🙂
9) Read a good book – currently reading the Game of Thrones Book 5: A Dance with Dragons – it’s very enthralling!
10) Drank tea – green tea, mint and sleepy time tea are my favorites.
11) Embraced the ugly day – just accepted it.
This picture I came across on pinterest also helped me too. For some reason, I find alpacas silly and amusing….:D
How do you deal with bad hair/ugly/frumpy days?