Oh, how I’ve missed you!!
I’m not a big fan of summertime in south Florida and will not miss it. Summers are long and hot and muggy here. You can’t be outside for long without getting drenched in sweat and the humidity can be very draining too so sayonara, summer!!
September seemed like such a long month also. But now it’s gone and it’s finally October!! Hooray!!!
October is my favorite month of the year. There are so many fun festivities going on and the weather gets cool and crisp, pumpkins are everywhere and you can buy and make pumpkin everything!!
Here are some fun festivities that I am looking forward to this month:
- Meeting up with friends at the Lake Worth Rocktober Brewfest!! Live Bands, beer gardens and good food for two days in beautiful Bryant Park right off the intra-coastal waterway.
- Visiting the pumpkin patch and making silly pumpkins with Oscar 🙂
- Christina’s Bachelorette Party weekend!!
- Stephanie’s Baby Shower!
- Oktoberfest at the German-American Club – A Bavarian celebration under a tent and Pavilion with good food, German beer, brats, traditional German dancing and Oompah bands!!
- Heather’s Birthday Bike Pub Crawl – beer, bikes and best friends? Who could ask for a better birthday party?
- First Halloween in our new neighborhood! I’ve heard that our neighborhood is very popular for trick-or-treaters so I’m sure that Oscar and I will be camping out in our drive way with candy for the kiddies.
One year I would love to go up North and see the beautiful fall leaves and go apple picking! Hopefully that will happen soon!
What are you favorite fall activities?