“Summertime is always the best of what might be.” -Charles Bowden
Aloha! And happy almost Summer! I know summer doesn’t officially start for a couple of weeks, but I consider Memorial Day weekend the start of summertime over here in sunny South Florida.
Although I don’t care for the heat and humidity , I am happy it’s here. After 35 years of being a Florida girl, I think I can deal with the heat. I’m ready for my summer feels!
To me the summertime represents love, happiness, new experiences, parties, having fun and livin’ easy.
My husband and I haven’t made any travel plans. We just want to stay local and do some house projects which I am very excited about. I am also looking forward to spending time on the beach, wearing my sandals and flowy dresses, relaxing by the pool, going to bbqs with my favorite people, wearing less make up and letting my hair dry natural and wavy. I’m ready to relax and keep things simple.
I did create a summer bucket list of course since I am a planner and a bit “to-do” list obsessed 🙂 This is my reminder to kick back and enjoy the season before its gone!
1) Visit The Girls’ Strawberry Patch
2) Start gardening
3) Go for long bike rides
4) Do beach yoga with beach yoga girl!
5) Read a book in my hammock 🙂
6) Go to Happy Hour at Guanabanas!
7) Visit Busch Wildlife Sanctuary
8) Take a road trip to Clearwater Beach
9) See a movie at the Lake Worth Drive-In
10) Watch a Weeki Wachee Springs Mermaid Show!!
Anyone want to join me??