Hello! Hello! And Happy Saturday! As I type up this post, I am wishing you all a happy and glorious weekend ahead full of fun and some relaxation 🙂
My morning started at 4am thanks to some very excitable and protective doggies 😦 They like to bark at things in the night. It could be a cat, a lizard, a shady looking leaf…whatever. If it comes too close to the house they will sing you the song of their people. Usually we close the living room blinds before bed but someone forgot (not gonna name names here…..Oscar!). Oh well. I go to bed super early these days so I don’t mind getting up early on the weekends.
Today marks week 38 of my pregnancy!! Gaahhh! My doctor said that our little bub could arrive anytime. That’s exciting news to this Mama to be’s ears. I’ve got my bags packed, car seat installed, bassinet and nursery room set up. Now all I have to do is be patient. In the meantime, I am going to keep myself busy this weekend by preparing some freezer-friendly meals to have on hand when our little bundle arrives and Mom and Dad are too tired to cook.
This morning I made some morning glory muffins for the first time and they came out pretty good. I adapted the recipe from my No Excuses Detox Cookbook by one of my favorite food bloggers the Detoxinista. I love her recipes and meals! She uses minimal simple ingredients and her recipes are easy to follow and healthy.
As soon as they cool off I am putting them in the freezer (before I eat them all) for breakfast or a quick snack in between breast feedings.
MORNING GLORY MUFFINS
Makes 18 muffins
- 2 large ripe bananas (mashed)
- 3/4 cups of coconut flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of organic sugar
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of apple sauce
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins (I used dates)
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, coconut flour, eggs, sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, apple sauce, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt, and shredded coconut.
- Stir well and then fold in the carrots, raisins (or dates), and walnuts until combined.
- Scoop into a muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray or lined with liners and sprinkle top of muffins with extra granulated sugar.
- Bake until toothpick or butter knife comes out clean for approximately 22-25 minutes.